Hospices de Beaune
November 15-20, 2017
Come celebrate with us as we enjoy the Hospices de Beaune Wine Auction week with unique events only experienced during this special time in November. We begin the week with visits to some of the most famous wineries in the Cote d'Or - Domaine Lafarge and Comte Georges de Vogué. The week includes not only exclusive tastings, but also a number of special events - like Michelin starred dining at the Hostellerie de Levernois, a vineyard comparison tasting of a special Burgundy appellation and dinner with a private chef at the Gambal's home. We will taste the new wines of 2017 with winemaker Alex Gambal- learning what to look for as we gear up for the 157th charity wine auction from the Hospices de Beaune cellars. Many trips by Hidden France guests have included successful bidding on barrels of wine. Will you go home with one?
• Relax in Beaune’s luxury boutique “ Hotel Particulier ” located in the center of Beaune, where we will be the only guests.
• Enjoy 3 exclusive visits to some of the Cote d’Or’s finest wineries: Maison Alex Gambal in Beaune, Domaine Lafarge in Volnay and Domaine Comte Georges de Vogué in Chambolle-Musigny.
• Taste the current vintage out of barrel at the Cuverie of the Hospices de Beaune with our host Alex Gambal followed by a comparison tasting at Maison Gambal.**
• Take part in the Palais de Congres tasting with Alex Gambal (all of the villages in the Cote d’Or will be represented) OR spend your morning exploring Beaune’s famous open air market.
• Dine in the area’s finest restaurants.
• Be Alex Gambal and Diana Williams’ dinner guests at their home atop the clifs of Orches - only 20 minutes from Beaune.
• Visit the Hospices de Beaune - the world’s first charity hospital, that has been open every day since receiving its first patient in 1452.
• Enjoy Burgundy specialties inside the church at Place Ziem prior to seeing what’s happening just steps away at the Hospices Auction.
**If you/your group decide to buy a barrel(s) of Hospices wine after tasting the barrels on Friday afternoon, Alex Gambal has agreed to do the “elevage” in his winery in the center of Beaune.
Cost Per Person (based on double occupancy): $6200.00
Single Supplement: $1000
Maximum 8 Guests
*Hidden France reserves the right to change itinerary as necessary
Transportation during the trip
5 Nights Hotel
Welcome cocktail on Wednesday night
3 Private wine tour/tastings
Vineyard Comparative tasting
Entry to: Palais de Congres tasting, Hospices de Beaune
Tasting (at Cuverie), Hospices de Beaune
Does Not Include:
Transportation to/from Beaune at trip start/end.
Wine with dinner on Wednesday and Thursday nights