October 14-19, 2018
Imagine yourself on a crisp fall day in the picturesque region of Piemonte, Italy during that brief window when the white truffles are in season, and the post-harvest leaves on the vines are reflecting brilliant yellow, orange and red. We are spoiled with winery visits like Elio Grasso, Conterno Fantino, Renato Ratti and others. The walking/hiking is breathtaking as we be going from hilltop village to hilltop village, visiting Barolo, Barbaresco, La Morra, Monforte d'Alba and many others. This is an intimate trip - with a maximum of only 8 guests. We'll have 2 days when we're not hiking so that we can enjoy a cooking class with a local chef and lunch together as well as a 1/2 day exploring the Italian way...on a Vespa! Of course there will be van support, so if you'd like a break, hop in! Our home for the week are wonderful 4**** and 5*****accommodations - all perfectly located for our discovery. Our reservations were made in October of 2016 as this is the busiest and most festive time in Piedmont - similar to our Hospices de Beaune week in Burgundy. There isn't a better way or a better time to visit this spectacular region of Italy than in October with Hidden France.
• Enjoy 4**** and 5***** accommodations: Palas Cerequio Barolo Resort , La Morra (1 night) Villa Beccaris , Monforte d’Alba ( 2 nights ) Relais San Maurizio , Santo Stefano Belbo ( 2 nights - Relais and Chateaux )
• Hike through the vineyards and hazelnut groves to the picturesque hilltop villages of Barolo, Barbaresco, Monforte d’Alba and La Morra.
• Experience a truffle hunt with 5th generation truffl e hunters.
• Learn to make typical Piemontese specialties at a cooking class in Monforte d’Alba.
• Enjoy the beautiful wines of Michele Chiarlo, Conterno Fantino, Elio Grasso, and Renato Ratti with a visit to their wineries.
• Dine in the region’s most celebrated restaurants.
Cost Per Person (based on double occupancy): $8800.00
Single Supplement: $1650
Limit: 8 guests
Transportation during the trip
5 Nights Accommodation
Custom designed hiking routes, instructions and master map*
5 Lunches with wine
5 Winery Visits
The services of 2 guides
Cost Does NOT Include:
Transportation to/from hotels at trip start/end
Wine with dinners
*Moderate Hiking with some hills averaging 7 miles/day
**Hidden France reserves the right to change the itinerary as necessary.